UnsupportedClassVersionError

ls://dev.artenum.com/projects/jyconsole/forum/94ba899fc0a8002801a472809507ae59

posted by Guest at Feb 24, 2006 10:31 AM
if you modify the run.bat to just point to "java -cp ...." it works under 1.4.x

u might wanna update the run.bat

thanks

posted by Guest at Feb 24, 2006 10:30 AM
I just downloaded the latest binary...problem is that the "run.bat" is hard coded to "C:j2sdk1.4.2_06binjava" ....instead of just "java"
posted by Jourdain Sebastien at Feb 24, 2006 3:59 AM
I've just update the new binary version…
posted by Jourdain Sebastien at Feb 24, 2006 3:46 AM
Thanks for the information, an it was an error from me. I will compile JyConsole under a JVM 1.4, so you will be able to run it on your system.

Sorry for this error, and I hope you will enjoy it.

posted by Guest at Feb 24, 2006 3:40 AM
Anyhow, it appears the JyConsole was compiled using Java 5, so you have to run it with Java 5. The documentation says you need Java 1.4.X and higher. I guess the documentation should be updated to say you need Java 5. Or perhaps JyConsole can just be rebuilt using Java 1.4.X ...not sure. Just wanted to let someone know.
posted by Guest at Feb 23, 2006 3:26 AM
I just downloaded the latest JyConsoleBin.tgz, extracted it and tried to run, run.bat (on win xp) and I get the following error in the console:

C:JyConsoleBin>java -cp "JyConsole.jar;ThirdPartArtTk.jar;ThirdPartjyth on-2.1jython.jar" com.artenum.jyconsole.JyConsole Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/artenum/j yconsole/JyConsole (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method) ...

If I type, java -version I get 1.4.2_03. Any ideas why this isn't working? The documentation states that it needs java 1.4.x ...so my version should not be a problem, even though it appears to be.

Thanks.

Decorated version - Feeds - LibreSource