To model a physical process, one often uses a mesh discretization of the continuous domain. Finite elements method is based on such a mesh for instance. The generation of the mesh from a CAD file is a very complex task that Keridwen mesh tools perform using Gmsh open source software. These tools also offer export capabilities and a 3D visualisation tool based on Cassandra.
Key featuresKeridwen mesh tools provide the following key features:
- Generate a 3D unstructured mesh from a given properly configured CAD file
- Export the mesh in Gmsh .msh format
- Visualise 3D unstructured meshes
Services and SupportOn demand, Artenum can provide a large set of services around these functions, for instance:
- Support of new import mesh formats
- Advanced meshing algorithms
- Advanced configuration of the mesher
Success StoriesKeridwen Meshing module has been successfully integrated in the following real application cases:
- SPIS In SPIS, the numerical kernel performs the plasma modelling in a volumic domain that is discretized by a 3D unstructured mesh.
SPIS uses Keridwen meshing module to generate this mesh from a given CAD file or to directly import a mesh file. It also uses Keridwen meshing features to display the generated mesh in 3D.