- Object completion on Java and Python/Jython objects.
- Command history.
- Current command process killable during execution by the escape key.
- Command line thread context manager that can be set at startup (in jyconsole.properties file).
- Command line always accessible and visible even during standard output.
- Automatic script loading at startup for context initialization.
- Resizable command line regarding the windows width.
- External configuration file for application configuration and preferences (jyconsole.properties).
- JyConsole has been developed in pure Java, and the only requirement is regarding Java with its virtual machine, no need to add a Python/Jython application or interpreter.
- JyConsole has been successfully tested on JVM 1.4.x and 1.5.x under Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
- No specific hardware is needed.
- The Jython 2.1 package is provided as thirdpart and can be donwloaded here : http://www.jython.org.
- JyConsole requires a JVM 1.4.X or higher even for the binary package which already provides the external libraries.